M.Sc., Ph.D. Dimitris Sfyris
Date of birth: 17 October 1980
Place of birth: Katerini Pierias, Greece
Native of Athens
Current position (01.04.2009-30.09.2011)
Scientific (post-doctoral) researcher in the Institute of Continuum Mechanics
Scientific director: Prof. Dr. -Ing. Ch. Tsakmakis
Summer semester 08-09: Continuum Mechanics II
Winter semester 09-10: Continuum Mechanics I (jointly with Prof. Dr. -Ing. Ch. Tsakmakis)
Summer semester 09-10: Tensor calculus
Winter semester 10-11: Plasticity theory
Summer semester 10-11: Continuum Mechanics II
|1998-2002||University of Ioannina (UOI), Department of Mathematics (B. Sc.)|
|2002-2003||National Technical Uinversity of Athens (NTUA), Department of Applied mathematics and Physics, Division of Mechanics (M. Sc.)|
|16 October 2003 – 15 July 2007||
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (AUTh), Department of Civil Engineering, Institute of Mechanics of Materials (Ph. D.)
Prof. N. Charalambakis (AUTh)
Prof. V.K. Kalpakides (UOI)
06 November 2007-06 November 2008 Artillery
Previous academic exprerience
01 October 2008-31 March 2009
Technological Educational Institute (TEI) of Kalamata
Department of Telecommunications and Computing
- Mathematical Analysis I
- Mathematical Analysis II
Participation in research projects
01.08.2005-31.10.2005 and 1.10.2006-31.12.2006
Researcher for the needs of the program entitled: ''Constitutive equations and boundary conditions for the pseudomomentum equation'' under the framework of ''Pythagoras II' (scientific director: Prof. V. K. Kalpakides)'
Teaching assistant st the Department of Civil Engineering of AUTh for the needs of the lesson ''Strength of Materials'' (Prof. N. Charalambakis)
- D. Sfyris, N. Charalambakis, V.K. Kalpakides, „Variational arguments and Noethers theorem on the nonlinear continuum theory of dislcoations“ Int. J. Engngn. Sci. 44, 501-512 (2006).
- D. Sfyris, N. Charalambakis, V.K. Kalpakides, „Continuously dislocated elastic bodies with a neo-hookean like expression for the enrgy subjected to antiplane shear“ J. Elast. 93, 245-262 (2008).
- D. Sfyris, N. Charalambakis, V.K. Kalpakides, „Derivation of material momentum equation from balance of energy“ ZAMP 60, 575-579 (2009).
- D. Sfyris, „The strong ellipticity condition under changes of the current and the reference confihuration“ J. Elast. 103, 281-287 (2011).
- D. Sfyris, „Propagation of aplane wave to a materially uniform but inhomogeneous body“ ZAMP, in press.
- D. Sfyris, „Comparing the condition of strong ellipticity and the solvability for a purely elastic problem and the corresponding dislocated problem“ Mathematics and Mechanics of Solids, to appear.
Conferences (with publication at the proceedings)
- D. I. Bardzokas, G.I. Sfyris, D. Sfyris, „Antiplane mixed boundary value problem of electroelastic media, for a piezoelectric medium with defects in the form of holes“. The Fifth national Conference of the Hellenic Society of non-Destructive Testing, Athens, NTUA, November 18-19, 2005, pp. 90-112. (Presentation given by Prof. D.I. Bardzokas.)
- D. Sfyris, N. Charaöambakis, V.K. Kalpakides, „On the force acting on dislocations within nonlinear elastostatics“. The Second International Conference on non-Smooth\non-Convex Mechanics with applications in Engineering, Thessaloniki, AUTh, July 7-8, 2006, pp. 29-36. (Presentation given by D. Sfyris.)
- D. Sfyris, N. Charalambakis, V.K. Kalpakides, „Continuously dislocated elastic bodies subjected to antiplane shear“. The 8th HSTAM International Congress on Mechanics, Patras, July 12-14, 2007, pp. 308-316. (Presentation given by D. Sfyris.)
- D. Sfyris, „On strong ellipticity and solvability of continuously dislocated bodies“. The 9th HSTAM International Congress in Mechanics, Cyprus, July 12-14, 2010, pp. 121-128. (Presentation given by D. Sfyris.)
- C. Broese, D. Sfyris, Ch. Tsakmakis, „Effect of the choice of plastic intermediate configuration on anisotropic and gradient plasticity“. The 9th International Congress in Mechanics, Cyprus, July 12-14, 2010, pp. 145-152. (Presentation given by Dr. C. Broese).
Conferences (without publications at the proceedings)
- V.K. Kalpakides, D. Sfyris, N. Charalambakis, „Some variational arguments on the nonlinear continuum theory of dislocations“. The First International Conference on Computational Mechanics, Belgrade, November 15-17, 2004. (Presentation given by Prof. V.K. Kalpakides.)
- D. Sfyris, N. Charalambakis, V.K. Kalpakides, „On the force acting on dislocations within nonlinear elastostatics“. the 11th Greek Conference on Analysis, Thessaloniki, AUTh, may 23-24, 2006. (Presentation given by D. Sfyris.)
- D. Sfyris, „An approach to the theory of continuously dislocated bodies by means of configurational mechanics“. The First International Conference on Material Modelling, Dortmund, Germany, September 15-17, 2009.
|02.06.2009||D. Sfyris, „Continuously dislocated elastic bodies subjected to antiplane shear“. At the opoen seminar held at the Department of Mathematics, Technical University of Darmstadt (coordinator: Prof. Dr. H.-D. Alber).|
|11.11.2009||D. Sfyris, „Remarks concerning ellipticity for finite elastic deformations of materially uniform but inhomogeneous bodies“. At the open seminar held at the Department of Mathematics, Technical University of Darmstadt (coordinator: prof. Dr. H. -D. Alber).|